Software Engineer (Back-end Java)
What You’ll Do
As a Software Engineer at TeamSupport/SnapEngage, you will work with an agile, distributed, and passionate team to develop new and exciting features and write highly scalable code for our live chat and customer engagement platform that handles millions of requests each day. You will initially work with our team focused on our SnapEngage Live Chat platform.
Our engineers need to have deep technical knowledge as well as great leadership skills. You will be expected to have the ability to lead a team and work closely with our Product team to deliver solutions to a very high standard.
You will have at least 4 years experience as a Java developer and be familiar with building for a SaaS platform (or similar large scale web apps). Demonstrable knowledge of Google Cloud serverless products, including App Engine would be an advantage.
As Software Engineer you will:
- Design and develop new, innovative, scalable services & APIs receiving millions of requests per day
- Develop technical specifications in collaboration with the Product team
- Research new technologies and methodologies to improve our products and development workflow
- Contribute ideas to improve our service and software
- Maintain and improve existing functionality
- Coach other developers with code reviews, pair programming, etc.
On projects you will be:
- Designing and developing new features for our customer admin dashboard and agent Hub web applications
- Developing and maintaining our real time web services, using Jersey (JAX-RS) on Google Cloud serverless infrastructure
- Maintaining and developing new integrations with external systems (CRMs and Help Desks, phone platform, AI/ML platforms, etc.)
- Authorization to work in Berlin, Germany
- 4+ years experience in Java programming, other languages a plus
- 3+ years’ experience developing large scale web applications.
- Fluent English speaker, other languages a plus
- A quick learner, dedicated team player and have a relentless positive attitude
- Experience writing clean, efficient and testable code, experience with TDD a plus
- Experience with Google App Engine and GWT a plus
Why Work Here
- Remote working opportunity through the COVID-19 pandemic, then hybrid remote/in-person model once it’s safe to return to an office environment.
- Company-sponsored educational and growth opportunities.
- Open door management and a leadership team that listens and cares about your professional growth.
- Wellness, rewards, and give-back programs.
- Weekly, in-office German class.
Who We Are
Founded in 2008, TeamSupport is the leading B2B-focused Customer Support solution that brings all of your teams together to increase the enterprise value of your business by strengthening customer relationships. This results in reduced churn, consistent renewals, account expansion, and advocacy.
TeamSupport is committed to creating a diverse environment and is proud to be an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, national origin, genetics, disability, age, or veteran status.